Alrighty a few assholes appeared on my dash and I’m just angry and bored enough to write this.
0. Artists are people too. They are not drawing machines. They are not here for your personal enjoyment. They are allowed all the same rights you have.
1. Do not give the artist grief for drawing what they want.* People are allowed to draw what they want, when they want. If you don’t like the subject matter, don’t look at it. Ignoring things is not that hard- in fact, most of the artists I’ve talked to will tag things when asked politely. Alternatively, request or commission them to draw what you do want, if the artist is taking them.
*assuming that the subject matter is legal in their jurisdiction etc.
2. Do not give the artist grief for not drawing what you want. People are likewise allowed to not draw what they don’t want. An artist does not have to draw something just because you asked for it. This goes for commission requests as well- until they say they will draw it, they are not obligated to do anything.
3. Know the difference between criticism and insults. Telling an artist what is correct and incorrect about their work, what you do and don’t like, is not the same as belittling it, believe it or not. Additionally, there is a difference between criticizing a work and criticizing the artist.
4. If they tell you to stop, stop. If they don’t want criticisms, don’t send them any. If they don’t want requests of a certain nature, don’t send those.
5. Artists are people too. This one is important enough I have to say it again.
Above all, remember, the majority of people actually would prefer to avoid douchebags.
Thought you guys would like this.